Jay G Jain
The Finance Club of SCMHRD is a student initiative started in 2005, and is an integral part of the Finance Department of Excellence. It acts as an interface between the student community and the industry.
To enable prolific interactions among the student community, coupled with valuable input from faculty, the academia and representatives from the industry.
Finance Club, SCMHRD also publishes its Flagship Magazine- “Finalyst”
Finance Club has organized many seminars and conferences in the past. In addition activities like “Pre and Post Budget Analysis” and “Knowledge Series- for finance concepts” are spear-headed by the Finance Club.
Last August, The Finance Club of Symbiosis Centre For Management and Human Resource Development organized FIN-TALK, with the theme “Expanding Business Horizon in Changing Financial System”. It comprised of a panel discussion and a series of Guest lecture on this theme. The event saw the participation of stalwarts from corporate and financial world.
This January, we organized our Flagship Event- ANNUAL FINANCE CONCLAVE, which was centered around the theme "Make in India & its Financial Implication".
Finance Club of Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development organized Annual Finance Conclave’16 on 16th January and 17th January, 2016.
With the advent of Modi government India has stepped up it’s mission to become leader in manufacturing and opened it’s gate to Foreign investments. This had huge impact on India’s economy and opened up new avenues for progress and development.
Therefore, this year’s theme for the Conclave was “Make in India & its Financial Implication”.
Under the aegis of Finance Club this conclave saw Guests from various industries and also students from top B- schools participated in the competitions under the conclave.
The event was divided into two parts:
I. Case Study Competition: It started with an online quiz testing the financial knowledge of participants followed by Excel-lens which tested participant’s ability to analyze and link financial statements of a company. The Final round was a case study on Make In India. The competition saw participation from all the eminent B-schools of the country. The case study was judged by partners from PwC.
II. Financial Summit: The second part of the event was two panel discussion between Industry experts and financial experts. The panel included experts like Mr. V.K Bansal, Mr. Ajay Bagga, Ms. Swati Khandelwal, Ms. Reema Tendulkar among others.
The Annual Finance Conclave ’16 was a two-day event scheduled on 16th and 17th of January 2016. On 16th January Fintrack, premier case study competition of the Finance Club was organized. The competition witnessed participation of teams from premier B Schools and was judged by Directors and Senior partner of PwC India.
Annual Finance Conclave’16 was held on 17th of January and started at 11:00 AM. It witnessed participation of high profile and reputed guest from industry. This year’s conclave was based on the theme 'Make in India & it's financial implication'. Guests present at the event were:-
1. Mr.V.K. Bansal, Chairman, Morgan Stanley.
2. Mr.Anil Jain, M.D, Jain Irrigations.
Guest Of Honours:
1. Mr. Pradeep Bhargava, Director, Cummins India Ltd.
2. Mr. Raghav Rao CFO , Amazon India.
3. Dr.Shubhada Rao, Chief Economist, YES Bank.
4. Mr. Ajay Bagga, Chairman, OPC Asset Solutions.
5. Mr. Dinesh Supekar, Sr. Partner and Pune Head, PwC India.
6. Mr. Vivek Kulkarni, Chairman, Brickwork Ratings (retd. IAS).
7. Ms. Reema Tendulkar, Sr. Anchor, CNBC TV 18.
8. Ms. Swati Khandelwal, Sr. Anchor, Bloomberg TV
The event was divided in two halves, each having a panel discussion of 50 minutes on 'Make in India & it’s financial implication'.
Participant of first panel discussion were:-
1. Mr. Raghav Rao CFO , Amazon India.
2. Dr.Shubhada Rao, Chief Economist, YES Bank.
3. Ms. Reema Tendulkar, Sr. Anchor, CNBC TV 18
4. Mr.V.K. Bansal, Chairman, Morgan Stanley.
5. Mr.Anil Jain, M.D, Jain Irrigations.
Participant of second panel discussion were:-
1. Mr. Ajay Bagga, Chairman, OPC Asset Solutions.
2. Mr. Dinesh Supekar, Sr. Partner and Pune Head, PwC India.
3. Mr. Vivek Kulkarni, Chairman, Brickwork Ratings (retd. IAS).
4. Mr. Pradeep Bhargava, Director, Cummins India Ltd.
5. Ms. Swati Khandelwal, Sr. Anchor, Bloomberg TV
The event witnessed participation from student of not only SCMHRD but various other Symbiosis colleges.