Entrepreneurship Cell - Objectives
To nurture the entrepreneurs of tomorrow, the Entrepreneurship Cell at SCMHRD – started out in 2005 with this mission in mind:
To encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship among students
To disseminate knowledge about entrepreneurship
The Entrepreneurship Cell is managed and driven by students in collaboration with the Centre of Excellence Entrepreneurship. It is a member of the National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN). It is a committee that generates its own funds and organizes and hosts a variety of events aimed at developing the leadership skills of students.
We plan to bring in more entrepreneurs from all spheres of business to inspire and guide the students on how to chart their own destiny.
Our activities include
Flagship event of E-cell, is organized to celebrate the spirit of entrepreneurship. Various competitions such as- business plan, Best young entrepreneur, business quiz are organized at national level providing an arduous platform to young minds to test there skills.
Theme - ‘Youth Entrepreneurship’’
- Varun Agarwal - Founder, Alma Mater
- Swati Maheshwari – Co-founder, Rustic Arts
- Anup Tapadia – Founder, TouchMagix
- Sunder Nookala - MD& CEO Kwench Library
- Prakash Mundhra – Founder, Sacred Moments
Theme - ‘Catalyst Of Change’
- Tarun Tiwari & Paavan Nanda- Co-Founder,Zostel
- Akshay Verma- Founder and Director,Skillhippo Arion Ratings & Agratam India
- Rina Nathani-Founder, FindURClass
- Satish Kataria- Catapooolt
- Mr. Anuj Tandon-Co-Founder and COO, Rolocule Games Pvt. Ltd
- E-Cell Connect
- Strategos – Corporate Case Study
- Inception – The B-Plan/B-Model Competition
- The Next Young Turk – Quest to find the next Start-Up Maniac
- Killer Pitch - Testing your Bargaining Skills
- Blitz Quiz – College Invitational Quiz
TEDx SIU Hinjewadi
TEDx was created in the spirit of TED's mission, "ideas worth spreading." The TEDx SIU Hinjewadi @ SCMHRD is designed to help communities, organizations and individuals to spark conversation and connection through local TED-like experiences and spread powerful ideas.
Theme - ‘Lasting Impressions’
- Sangeet Chopra - Chief Technical Head, CyberCure Technologies
- Anniruddha Bahal – Founder and editor-in-chief of Cobrapost.com
- Harpreet Grover – Co-Founder & CEO of CoCubes.com
- Anshulika Dubey - Co-founder, Wishberry.com
- Khurshed Batliwala (Bawa) – Co-Designer, YES!+ series
- Ravi Theja Muthu – Co-founder, NGO: Climate Leaders India Network (CLeaIN) and Helios Eco Vidyut Pvt. Ltd.
- Sidhant Pai – Co-founder, Protoprint
- Kanchan T K – Co author, WILL mother’s handbook
- Sahil Khan – Cofounder at Quinto
It is the part of the fund raising activity of the committee for organization of the above mentioned events. As a part of merchandizing we have the following two products -
Customized sweatshirts for the students are ordered and provided to them.
The docket is a book of enviable discounts ranging from eateries to hangout places. This docket has become the
best friend of the students, and its enviable discounts have ensured that it always remains in their pockets!!
Entrepreneur Talks provide a platform for students to interact with people who have struggled to make it big in life and in their own terms. Young, successful entrepreneurs in and around the city are called over on campus to hold sessions with them. Few entrepreneurs who have given talks – Jaydeep Barman of FAASO’S and Ameet Pahilani, MD, Cafe Chokolade.
For further details please visit our website:
You can mail us at
Don't forget to like our Facebook page – ECell@SCMHRD to stay up to date on all our activities!